This has come about because of a number of reasons…
- During warmer weather, children have the option of sitting outside at the picnic tables. This time of year this is not an option. Utilising the tables outside normally provides us with another 30 additional seats.
- Increase in the number of children having school dinners.
- Increase in the number of children in the school. 15 more than last year. Increase of 30+ over the last two years.
- Asked Year R teachers to bring their class into the hall 10 minutes earlier, meaning they will have chosen their dinner and be seated by the time the Year 1 and Year 2 pupils arrive.
- Asked Mrs Simpson to order additional dining room tables in order to increase the capacity in the hall during lunchtimes.
- Asked Mrs Simpson to adjust the order of classes going into the hall for lunch to make it fair.
Once the warmer weather arrives (who knows when?), the additional space in the hall plus the extra capacity in the picnic area will ensure that the children get through even quicker.
I will monitor this over the next few weeks to make sure there is an improvement, if not we may use the KS1 area to seat some pack lunches, freeing up additional space in the hall. Watch this space!