The aims of personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education in our school are to embed our values and school ethos to the core of our PSHE curriculum.
School life at Trimley St Martin Primary School is driven by its values.
Our 4 key principles within our PSHE provision capture what we are about; we believe that a happy child is a successful one. At TSM we believe in: 'Putting Children First!’.
Aims of our PSHE provision:
Community- Working together to develop a culture in which the wellbeing of our children and families is at the heart of all we do.
Inclusion- Providing a learning environment where all can achieve their personal best.
Ambition- Setting an expectation for our children to aim high and strive to succeed; creating life-long learners.
Mindfulness- Educating our children to be supportive of themselves and others; developing empathy and shaping themselves into well rounded future citizens.
In order to do this, our PSHE curriculum is planned and delivered through the "Jigsaw" programme which holds children at its heart and aims to equip them for happy, healthy lives and to be effective learners. Our main intent is that we deliver a high-quality curriculum which is tailored to our school community: putting children first.
The aims of relationships and sex education (RSE) at our school are to:
• Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
• Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
• Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
• Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
• Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
• Relate RSE relates to the school’s ethos and values.