At Trimley St Martin Primary School, we offer a high quality, broad, balanced and exciting curriculum which is underpinned by being knowledge and vocabulary rich through clear progression. At the centre of our curriculum is the need for our pupils to have the opportunity to rehearse knowledge. We want the key concepts covered in lessons to become part of their long-term memory.; lessons link together so that all of the content to which our pupils are exposed is vital and part of a bigger sequence. Essentially, the curriculum has been carefully designed so that pupils build on key concepts during each year of study. With this approach, by the time they leave Trimley St Martin Primary School, pupils will have encountered a range of valuable and inspirational learning material- this will empower them to approach their future with confidence and integrity.
Trimley St Martin Primary School 's curriculum is based on the following principles:
1. To help pupils to appreciate human achievements and aspiration.
2. To help pupils to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
3. To understand the values which contribute to a well-rounded individual.
4. To help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
5. To help pupils to use language and number efficiently.
6. To instil respect for religious values, and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
CURRICULUM LEADER - MRs macfarlane
If you have any questions about the school curriculum speak with Mrs MacFarlane.
TSM YEARLY OVERVIEWS
Click on the files below to view the Yearly Overviews for each year group at TSM...
Long Term View
termly knowledge organisers
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY