have we hit our attendance targets?
Our school attendance for the Autumn 1/2 term was 95.3%.
Although just below the Suffolk average we are aiming for a target of at least 96-97%.
GOOD ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE:
- statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and absence below 95%
- regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- regular attenders are most successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, higher education and employment or training